Inter-ministerial panel for greater clarity in solar policy
New Delhi: In the wake of allegations of guideline violation in contract allocations in the national solar mission, an inter-ministerial committee has suggested a number of recommendations for bringing greater clarity in the policy.
The New and Renewable Energy Ministry had appointed the inter-ministerial committee to enquire into the allegations after a media report last year alleged violation of guidelines in the 1,000 MW solar power project scheme of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM).
The panel has made several suggestions such as refining of the guidelines so as to bring in greater clarity regarding definitions of `net worth` and `control`, the ministry said in a release.
It also recommended more specificity in guidelines regarding selection of EPC contractors besides physical verification of the addresses of the companies and more stringent and specific penalty provisions in case of violation of any clause of the guidelines, the release said.
The ministry said these suggestions and recommendations have been duly noted for incorporation in guidelines for future biddings for projects to be allocated under JNNSM.
The Committee report and its recommendations are currently under examination by the government, the Ministry added.
Under the National Solar Mission, the government plans to produce at least 20,000 MW solar power in the country by the year 2022.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’