Inter-ministerial panel for greater clarity in solar policy
New Delhi: In the wake of allegations of guideline violation in contract allocations in the national solar mission, an inter-ministerial committee has suggested a number of recommendations for bringing greater clarity in the policy.
The New and Renewable Energy Ministry had appointed the inter-ministerial committee to enquire into the allegations after a media report last year alleged violation of guidelines in the 1,000 MW solar power project scheme of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM).
The panel has made several suggestions such as refining of the guidelines so as to bring in greater clarity regarding definitions of `net worth` and `control`, the ministry said in a release.
It also recommended more specificity in guidelines regarding selection of EPC contractors besides physical verification of the addresses of the companies and more stringent and specific penalty provisions in case of violation of any clause of the guidelines, the release said.
The ministry said these suggestions and recommendations have been duly noted for incorporation in guidelines for future biddings for projects to be allocated under JNNSM.
The Committee report and its recommendations are currently under examination by the government, the Ministry added.
Under the National Solar Mission, the government plans to produce at least 20,000 MW solar power in the country by the year 2022.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27