Kerala to plant one million saplings on Environment Day
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala will mark the World Environment Day June 5 by planting a million saplings in an hour, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Thursday.
The state forests and environment ministry is organising the event in coordination with all state government departments and it will be executed by district administrations.
"Each of the 14 districts will be given 75,000 saplings and plantation will be done with the help of students, farmers, NGOs and women`s organisations," Chandy said in a statement here.
"Saplings will be planted between 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. June 5," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them