Kerala to plant one million saplings on Environment Day
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala will mark the World Environment Day June 5 by planting a million saplings in an hour, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Thursday.
The state forests and environment ministry is organising the event in coordination with all state government departments and it will be executed by district administrations.
"Each of the 14 districts will be given 75,000 saplings and plantation will be done with the help of students, farmers, NGOs and women`s organisations," Chandy said in a statement here.
"Saplings will be planted between 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. June 5," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?