`Oriental yeti` discovered in China
London: Scientists have discovered a creature, dubbed the "oriental yeti", which looks like a bear, has a tail like a kangaroo and the voice of a cat, after it emerged from ancient woodlands in remote central China.
A team is now examining the hairless beast which was trapped by hunters in Sichuan province after locals reported spotting what they initially thought was a bear, `The Daily
"It looks a bit like a bear but it doesn`t have any fur and it has a tail like a kangaroo. It also does not sound like a bear -- it has a voice more like a cat and it`s calling
all the time -- perhaps it is looking for the rest of its kind or maybe it`s the last one?
"There are local legends of a bear that used to be a man and some people think that`s what we caught," hunter Lu Chin was quoted as saying.
Local animal experts now plan to ship the mystery beast to scientists in Beijing who will perform DNA tests on the beast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?