`Oriental yeti` discovered in China
London: Scientists have discovered a creature, dubbed the "oriental yeti", which looks like a bear, has a tail like a kangaroo and the voice of a cat, after it emerged from ancient woodlands in remote central China.
A team is now examining the hairless beast which was trapped by hunters in Sichuan province after locals reported spotting what they initially thought was a bear, `The Daily
"It looks a bit like a bear but it doesn`t have any fur and it has a tail like a kangaroo. It also does not sound like a bear -- it has a voice more like a cat and it`s calling
all the time -- perhaps it is looking for the rest of its kind or maybe it`s the last one?
"There are local legends of a bear that used to be a man and some people think that`s what we caught," hunter Lu Chin was quoted as saying.
Local animal experts now plan to ship the mystery beast to scientists in Beijing who will perform DNA tests on the beast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog