`Oriental yeti` discovered in China
London: Scientists have discovered a creature, dubbed the "oriental yeti", which looks like a bear, has a tail like a kangaroo and the voice of a cat, after it emerged from ancient woodlands in remote central China.
A team is now examining the hairless beast which was trapped by hunters in Sichuan province after locals reported spotting what they initially thought was a bear, `The Daily
"It looks a bit like a bear but it doesn`t have any fur and it has a tail like a kangaroo. It also does not sound like a bear -- it has a voice more like a cat and it`s calling
all the time -- perhaps it is looking for the rest of its kind or maybe it`s the last one?
"There are local legends of a bear that used to be a man and some people think that`s what we caught," hunter Lu Chin was quoted as saying.
Local animal experts now plan to ship the mystery beast to scientists in Beijing who will perform DNA tests on the beast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed