`Oriental yeti` discovered in China
London: Scientists have discovered a creature, dubbed the "oriental yeti", which looks like a bear, has a tail like a kangaroo and the voice of a cat, after it emerged from ancient woodlands in remote central China.
A team is now examining the hairless beast which was trapped by hunters in Sichuan province after locals reported spotting what they initially thought was a bear, `The Daily
"It looks a bit like a bear but it doesn`t have any fur and it has a tail like a kangaroo. It also does not sound like a bear -- it has a voice more like a cat and it`s calling
all the time -- perhaps it is looking for the rest of its kind or maybe it`s the last one?
"There are local legends of a bear that used to be a man and some people think that`s what we caught," hunter Lu Chin was quoted as saying.
Local animal experts now plan to ship the mystery beast to scientists in Beijing who will perform DNA tests on the beast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments