President Mukherjee supports sparrow conservation
Mumbai: Nature Forever Society (NFS), which works for the conservation of house sparrows, said Monday that President Pranab Mukherjee supports the cause.
NFS founder Mohammed Dilawar said that Mukherjee had invited society representatives to understand their work on conservation of house sparrows.
"NFS representatives also explained to the president how the Common Bird Monitoring of India programme is helping in collecting vital statistical data on the population of house sparrows and other common birds across the Indian subcontinent," Dilawar said.
"It is the only citizens` science project in the country to monitor the common birds of the nation. It is mainly aimed at involving communities into the bird conservation movement of India," he added.
Dilawar also briefed Mukherjee about the World Sparrow Day (celebrated March 20) and how it was initiated in 2010 by Nature Forever Society.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan