Strong quake hits off southern Japan
Tokyo: A 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck off southern Japan today, the meteorological agency said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties and no tsunami alert was issued.
The quake hit at 0548 IST at a depth of 30 kilometres in the ocean off Miyako Island, the Japanese Meteorological Agency said.
Around 20 per cent of the world`s most powerful earthquakes strike Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in