Strong quake hits off southern Japan
Tokyo: A 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck off southern Japan today, the meteorological agency said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties and no tsunami alert was issued.
The quake hit at 0548 IST at a depth of 30 kilometres in the ocean off Miyako Island, the Japanese Meteorological Agency said.
Around 20 per cent of the world`s most powerful earthquakes strike Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in