64.70% turnout at four booths in Porbandar LS seat repolling
Porbandar: An impressive 64 per cent voter turnout was registered at the four polling booths in Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency where repolling was held on Saturday.
"64.70 per cent voter turnout was recorded at Delodar, Mitrala, Erda and Mahira villages," District Collector and Returning Officer M A Gandhi told PTI.
As per the Election Commission`s figures, 27 percent turnout was registered till 11 AM, which rose to 36.55 till 1 PM.
No untoward incident was reported.
Repolling was required due to some irregularities during scrutiny of polling at these four poll booths which fall in Kutiyana Assembly segment.
BJP strongman Vitthal Radadiya and `Godmother` Santokben Jadeja`s son and NCP candidate Kandhal Jadeja were locked in a close contest for the seat.
Of the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat where polling was held on April 30, Porbandar had recorded the lowest turnout at 53 percent, against the overall 63.31 percent. But the voting percentage in Porbandar would now increase, after today`s turnout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!