64.70% turnout at four booths in Porbandar LS seat repolling
Porbandar: An impressive 64 per cent voter turnout was registered at the four polling booths in Porbandar Lok Sabha constituency where repolling was held on Saturday.
"64.70 per cent voter turnout was recorded at Delodar, Mitrala, Erda and Mahira villages," District Collector and Returning Officer M A Gandhi told PTI.
As per the Election Commission`s figures, 27 percent turnout was registered till 11 AM, which rose to 36.55 till 1 PM.
No untoward incident was reported.
Repolling was required due to some irregularities during scrutiny of polling at these four poll booths which fall in Kutiyana Assembly segment.
BJP strongman Vitthal Radadiya and `Godmother` Santokben Jadeja`s son and NCP candidate Kandhal Jadeja were locked in a close contest for the seat.
Of the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat where polling was held on April 30, Porbandar had recorded the lowest turnout at 53 percent, against the overall 63.31 percent. But the voting percentage in Porbandar would now increase, after today`s turnout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you