80 percent voter turnout in Odisha`s nine booths: Repoll
Bhubaneswar: An estimated 80 percent voter turnout was recorded in nine booths under three parliamentary constituencies in Odisha where repolling was held on Friday, official sources said.
While highest 88 per cent of polling was recorded at Dantaria Sevashram booth under Ghasipura Assembly segment of Keonjhar Lok Sabha seat, lowest of 71 per cent voters cast their votes at Pokharigaon booth under Niali segment of Jagatsinghpur Lok Sabha seat.
Claiming that there was no incident of violence during the repoll, a senior official at the Chief Electoral Officer`s office said: "The fresh polling was held in nine booths in view of complaints of rigging and booth capturing during the last phase of polling on April 17."
Re-polling was held in two booths of Keonjhar constituency, one booth under Kendrapara and six booths under Jagatsinghpur seat from 7 am till 5 pm amidst tight security.
There was allegation of large-scale rigging in all the nine booths during the polling on April 17.
With completion of today`s fresh polling, the voting for the 2014 general elections in the state came to an end, an official said, adding that repolling was also held in 22 booths on April 17. The first phase polls were held in the state on April 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive