About 60 lakh voters chose NOTA in LS-2014 polls
New Delhi: Close to 60 lakh voters opted for the None of The Above (NOTA) option across the country while exercising their franchise in the 16th Lok Sabha polls with the maximum percentage of the electorate going for this choice in Puducherry.
As per data updated till 11:20 P.M., the NOTA vote share stood at 1.1 per cent of the total votes polled, which boils down to a total of 59,78,208 votes.
A total of 3 per cent of voters in Puducherry, or 22,268 votes, opted for the NOTA. This was followed by Meghalya with 2.8 per cent (30,145), Gujarat 1.8 per cent (4,54,880) Chhattisgarh 1.8 per cent (2,24,889), Dadra and Nagar Haveli 1.8 per cent (2,962).
The other states included: Odisha- 1.6 per cent (3,28,060), Bihar- 1.6 per cent (5,76,348), Mizoram- 1.5 per cent (6,495), Jharkhand- 1.5 per cent (1,90,241), Daman and Diu- 1.5 per cent (1,316), Madhya Pradesh- 1.3 per cent (3,91,837), Sikkim 1.4- per cent (4,259), Tamil Nadu- 1.4 per cent (5,74,712).
Also, Tripura- 1.2 per cent (23,783), Kerala- 1.2 per cent (2,10,561), Goa- 1.2 per cent (10,103), Rajasthan- 1.2 per cent (3,27,902), Uttarakhand- 1.1 per cent (48,043), West Bengal- 1.1 per cent (5,68,276), Arunachal Pradesh 1.1 per cent (6,216). Assam- 1.0 per cent (1,47,057), Maharashtra- 0.9 per cent (4,32,181), Himachal Pradesh- 0.9 per cent (29,156) and Delhi- 0.5 per cent (39,690), among other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert