About 60 lakh voters chose NOTA in LS-2014 polls
New Delhi: Close to 60 lakh voters opted for the None of The Above (NOTA) option across the country while exercising their franchise in the 16th Lok Sabha polls with the maximum percentage of the electorate going for this choice in Puducherry.
As per data updated till 11:20 P.M., the NOTA vote share stood at 1.1 per cent of the total votes polled, which boils down to a total of 59,78,208 votes.
A total of 3 per cent of voters in Puducherry, or 22,268 votes, opted for the NOTA. This was followed by Meghalya with 2.8 per cent (30,145), Gujarat 1.8 per cent (4,54,880) Chhattisgarh 1.8 per cent (2,24,889), Dadra and Nagar Haveli 1.8 per cent (2,962).
The other states included: Odisha- 1.6 per cent (3,28,060), Bihar- 1.6 per cent (5,76,348), Mizoram- 1.5 per cent (6,495), Jharkhand- 1.5 per cent (1,90,241), Daman and Diu- 1.5 per cent (1,316), Madhya Pradesh- 1.3 per cent (3,91,837), Sikkim 1.4- per cent (4,259), Tamil Nadu- 1.4 per cent (5,74,712).
Also, Tripura- 1.2 per cent (23,783), Kerala- 1.2 per cent (2,10,561), Goa- 1.2 per cent (10,103), Rajasthan- 1.2 per cent (3,27,902), Uttarakhand- 1.1 per cent (48,043), West Bengal- 1.1 per cent (5,68,276), Arunachal Pradesh 1.1 per cent (6,216). Assam- 1.0 per cent (1,47,057), Maharashtra- 0.9 per cent (4,32,181), Himachal Pradesh- 0.9 per cent (29,156) and Delhi- 0.5 per cent (39,690), among other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi