BJP files complaint against inflammatory SMSes
New Delhi: Former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta on Thursday met Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi and submitted a complaint alleging circulation of malicious SMSes to instigate riots in the country on the day of vote counting.
Gupta met Bassi at Police Headquarters in the afternoon and requested him to initiate an inquiry into the matter and book those behind the SMS campaign.
"This is to bring to your notice that a malicious SMS campaign is being run to disseminate fear among the minority community and to instigate riots in the country on May 16," Gupta said in his complaint. He has also submitted texts of some of the alleged inflammatory SMSes in his complaint.
The Delhi Police Commissioner assured Gupta of action against any such activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?