Four top leaders in BJP emerge as key decision makers
New Delhi: Ahead of its possible government formation, a group of four top leaders, including Narendra Modi and party chief Rajnath Singh, has emerged as BJP`s Core Group that is expected to take all key decisions.
The meeting of the group, which also includes former party chief Nitin Gadkari and Arun Jaitley, took place today at Ahmedabad.
Party sources said that henceforth the core group would be taking key decisions.
Earlier, these decisions were taken by the party`s Parliamentary Board, the highest decision-making forum which also has party veterans L K Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi, besides Sushma Swaraj, M Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Thawarchand Gehlot and Ramlal as its members.
All four members of the core group are already members of the Board.
Sources also suggest major changes in the party with Gadkari likely to be brought back as party chief and Rajnath drafted for a key ministry in the government.
The core group met today in Ahmedabad to decide on whether party veterans like Advani and Joshi will have a role in the government.
"As far as the roles of veteran leaders are concerned, I will call a party meeting to which they will be invited. After thorough discussions with all big leaders, we will decide what role will be played by which person," Singh told reporters at Ahmedabad airport on way to Gandhinagar to meet Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble