From Vadodara to Varanasi, Modi`s assets rise by Rs 14 lakh
Varanasi: BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday disclosed total assets worth Rs 1.65 crore -a rise of Rs 14.34 lakh from his declaration for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat about a fortnight back.
The Gujarat Chief Minister`s wealth is Rs 68 lakh higher than his main opponent AAP`s Arvind Kejriwal who yesterday declared his individual assets at Rs 96.25 lakh. However, former Delhi Chief Minister and his wife Sunita together have movable and immovable assets worth Rs 2.14 crore.
The rise in Modi`s assets is on account of a higher cash in hand and increase in his bank balance, as per his affidavit filed for the Varanasi seat. Modi is also contesting from Vadodara in Gujarat and the nomination for that was filed on April 9.
The cash in hand of the BJP leader has increased by Rs 3,000 while bank balance has seen a rise of Rs 14.31 lakh from the amounts disclosed in Vadodara affidavit. All other details remain same in the two documents.
The financial and other details of his wife Jashodaben remain "not known" in the Varanasi affidavit, as was the case in the earlier filing.
The filing mentions an election bank account in Varanasi in Modi`s name with a balance of Rs 5,000 as on April 21.
His Vadodara election account has a balance of Rs 25.52 lakh. The affidavit also mentions various other accounts in cities of Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof