General Elections 2014: Repolling underway in Uttar Pradesh
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Repolling is underway on Monday at six polling stations of Agra, Firozabad and Etawah Lok Sabha constituencies as the Election Commission (EC) received complaints about booth capturing and intimidation during the election.
According to a report, more than 32 percent voting has been recorded in the first four hours.
Several complaints were sent to the poll panel about bogus voting and booth capturing during the election held on Thursday, especially in the belt of Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Following the complaints, the EC sent observers to asses the situation in the constituencies.
The EC observers, in their report, confirmed about illegal means of voting at booth no 160, 161 and another polling booth in Sirsaganj Legislative Assembly of Firozabad from where Akshay Yadav, the nephew of the SP chief, is contesting the election.
Repoll was also recommended for booth no 10, 14 in Dibiyapur Assembly segment in Etawah, the native place of the SP chief.
Officials also said the fact that these incidents, including an earlier one, where repoll was held at some booths after the second phase of election in Rampur Lok Sabha constituency, the stronghold of another SP minister Azam Khan, "has put the SP in bad light".
Opposition parties has accused the ruling SP of indulging in such illegal means.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof