Harsh Vardhan likely to be next health minister
New Delhi: BJP`s Delhi unit chief Harsh Vardhan, who is among the seven newly-elected BJP MPs from the capital, is likely to become the health minister, party sources indicated Sunday.
Harsh Vardhan, who is considered to be close to prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi as well as the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS), is the "front runner" for the job, the source said.
However, Harsh Vardhan, who was also the party`s chief ministerial candidate ahead of the Delhi assembly elections in December last year, expressed his ignorance about the news.
"See, I am not aware of this news and even if it is going to happen, it will be decided by Modi-ji and the central party leadership," he said.
Harsh Vardhan is credited with a successful campaign to immunize children against polio in Delhi when he was the health minister in the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC