Harsh Vardhan likely to be next health minister
New Delhi: BJP`s Delhi unit chief Harsh Vardhan, who is among the seven newly-elected BJP MPs from the capital, is likely to become the health minister, party sources indicated Sunday.
Harsh Vardhan, who is considered to be close to prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi as well as the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS), is the "front runner" for the job, the source said.
However, Harsh Vardhan, who was also the party`s chief ministerial candidate ahead of the Delhi assembly elections in December last year, expressed his ignorance about the news.
"See, I am not aware of this news and even if it is going to happen, it will be decided by Modi-ji and the central party leadership," he said.
Harsh Vardhan is credited with a successful campaign to immunize children against polio in Delhi when he was the health minister in the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui