Harsh Vardhan likely to be next health minister
New Delhi: BJP`s Delhi unit chief Harsh Vardhan, who is among the seven newly-elected BJP MPs from the capital, is likely to become the health minister, party sources indicated Sunday.
Harsh Vardhan, who is considered to be close to prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi as well as the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS), is the "front runner" for the job, the source said.
However, Harsh Vardhan, who was also the party`s chief ministerial candidate ahead of the Delhi assembly elections in December last year, expressed his ignorance about the news.
"See, I am not aware of this news and even if it is going to happen, it will be decided by Modi-ji and the central party leadership," he said.
Harsh Vardhan is credited with a successful campaign to immunize children against polio in Delhi when he was the health minister in the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda