Harsh Vardhan likely to be next health minister
New Delhi: BJP`s Delhi unit chief Harsh Vardhan, who is among the seven newly-elected BJP MPs from the capital, is likely to become the health minister, party sources indicated Sunday.
Harsh Vardhan, who is considered to be close to prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi as well as the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS), is the "front runner" for the job, the source said.
However, Harsh Vardhan, who was also the party`s chief ministerial candidate ahead of the Delhi assembly elections in December last year, expressed his ignorance about the news.
"See, I am not aware of this news and even if it is going to happen, it will be decided by Modi-ji and the central party leadership," he said.
Harsh Vardhan is credited with a successful campaign to immunize children against polio in Delhi when he was the health minister in the BJP government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India