Jamaat announces support to Kejriwal ahead of Varanasi battle
New Delhi: The Jamaat-e-Islami Hind on Tuesday announced its support to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi, where he is contesting against BJP`s Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha election.
The Jamaat said the decision, taken by its Uttar Pradesh unit, had won the backing of the group`s all-India president, Maulana Syed Jalaluddin Umari.
The Jamaat also announced support, among others, for Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav (Azamgarh), Congress president Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Akbar Ahmad Dumpi (Gonda).
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord