JSP to review Andhra Pradesh`s bifurcation: Kiran Kumar Reddy
Visakhapatnam: Jai Samaikhyandhra Party (JSP) president and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said here today, that his party would strive to amend Article 3 of India`s constitution as well as review the Centre`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
Releasing the JSP election manifesto here today, he said his party would work for the formation of a `Federal Front` to save the autonomy of various states in the country.
Interestingly, Reddy launched the JSP in Rajahmundry and its manifesto in Visakhapatnam, which are both in the Seemandhra region, though his party`s declared core aim is to ensure that Andhra Pradesh remains "united".
He accused both Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy of making promises which cannot be implemented.
"It`s not at all possible to implement promises made by Naidu and Jagan. Andhra Pradesh state will have a deficit budget of around Rs 18,500 crores and there are also many other financial burdens on the state. Under such circumstances, how they can waive off all farm loans," he said.
"Rahul Gandhi also promised to waive off farm loans of up to Rs 2 lakh but it is simply impossible. That is why we promised only waiver of interest on loans, which can actually be implemented," he said.
Kiran also criticised Jagan for promising to waive off all loans of Development of Women and Children in Rural Areas (DWCRA), adding that such a move would disturb the entire system and lead to the collapse of self help group (SHG) system.
The JSP manifesto also promised interest waiver on farm loans, a sub-plan for backward castes and minorities on the lines of scheduled tribes which was introduced when Kiran was the chief minister and a Rs 1,000-crore special fund for a special skill development programme for unemployed youth.
The JSP manifesto also promised a Rs 1,000 stipend per month to unemployed youth undergoing skill development programme until they get jobs, disbursement of Rs 1 lakh crore as loans to women SHGs through various banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read