Law will take its own course against Prabhunath: EC
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) today said "law will take its own course" in cases against RJD candidate from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency Prabhunath Singh.
"The non-bailable warrants are already there against him. The district administration is free to take action. The law will take its own course in the matter. We have nothing to do in it," Bihar Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V Nayak said.
Besides, a few criminal cases, two non-bailable warrants have been issued against Singh in election related cases since April 17 for allegedly threatening the DM as well as violating the Model Code of Conduct.
Singh was said to have gone missing apprehending arrest after the issuance of the warrants.
He, incidentally, complained to the EC about Saran DM Kundan Kumar for being vindictive against him. He even approached the EC in New Delhi over the issue yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS