LS polls take toll on salary of govt employees in Arunachal
Itanagar: The Lok Sabha elections have taken an unusual toll in Arunachal Pradesh with the state government employees yet to receive their salaries for April as the Planning Commission has not sanctioned the required funds due to ongoing poll process.
State finance department sources today said, "The state`s allocation was not finalised by the Planning Commission because of Lok Sabha elections.
"There is constraint of funds as the money did not come from the Centre. The state depends entirely on the central government on financial issues," sources said.
The picture would be clear after the new government took over at the Centre, the sources said.
Meanwhile, the Confederation of Service Association of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP) has claimed in a statement that the cash balance with the state exchequer for the salary head was currently less than Rs 50 crore whereas, over Rs 150 crore was required to meet the staff salary in a month.
CoSAAP Secretary General Pate Marik had discussed the issue with finance department officials, the statement said adding the state government was trying its best to release the pay and allowances for April after May 10.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match