LS polls take toll on salary of govt employees in Arunachal
Itanagar: The Lok Sabha elections have taken an unusual toll in Arunachal Pradesh with the state government employees yet to receive their salaries for April as the Planning Commission has not sanctioned the required funds due to ongoing poll process.
State finance department sources today said, "The state`s allocation was not finalised by the Planning Commission because of Lok Sabha elections.
"There is constraint of funds as the money did not come from the Centre. The state depends entirely on the central government on financial issues," sources said.
The picture would be clear after the new government took over at the Centre, the sources said.
Meanwhile, the Confederation of Service Association of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP) has claimed in a statement that the cash balance with the state exchequer for the salary head was currently less than Rs 50 crore whereas, over Rs 150 crore was required to meet the staff salary in a month.
CoSAAP Secretary General Pate Marik had discussed the issue with finance department officials, the statement said adding the state government was trying its best to release the pay and allowances for April after May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'