Modi is a `devil`, his becoming PM will be `nightmarish`: Mamata Banerjee
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Kolkata: Further escalating the war of words between her party Trinamool Congress and the BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said that Narendra Modi is a `devil` and his becoming the prime minister will be `nightmarish`.
The West Bengal Chief Minister said this while referring to the 2002 riots in Modi`s state Gujarat.
Referring to the riots, the TMC chief said, "We love the people of Gujarat. So many people got killed there, including pregnant women. He is a devil."
"We are staring at a nightmarish dream as the person being projected by you (media) as the PM of the country. If he becomes the PM, it is nation`s misfortune and dark days will be ushered in," Banerjee told reporters at the makeshift state secretariat in Howrah.
Accusing Modi of trying to create a political divide in West Bengal, Mamata said, "He is saying that Bengalis from Bangladesh will be packed off to Bangladesh. Why? Who is he to speak like that? Bangladesh is a neighbouring country. Will I have to go and pick up a fight with them on the issue? We have to strike a good relation."
Stating that the people of Bengal could not be divided, she said he had the "cheek" to create a division between Bengalis and non-Bengalis.
The TMC chief further alleged Modi was trying to divide "Bengalis and Hindustanis" and "he is saying all this on Bengal`s soil and spreading hatred".
"We love Biharis like brothers and sisters. We offer Chath puja. It is our government, which has declared a holiday on Chath puja. Do not try to import your brand of politics of caste and creed into Bengal."
"What does he want? After drenching Gujarat in a river of blood, does he want to drench Bengal in an ocean of blood," Banerjee said, adding, "Those who lead the nation have to love all the communities and take care of them."
Alleging that Modi had tried to divide Darjeeling during his first election campaign in the sate, she said, "They do not have any right to do politics. They orchestrate riots between Hindus and Muslims... Now, he is trying to divide the people of Bengal on the lines of Hindus and Muslims."
Interestingly, Mamata`s party had earlier called Modi as the "butcher of Gujarat".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!