Narendra Modi invokes Mughals while attacking `dynastic politics`
Sangli: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday compared the conditions under the "dynastic politics" to those during the Mughal era.
"Due to the dynastic politics, the ordinary people today are living in the way people lived under the regime of Mughals," Modi said, addressing a rally here in western Maharashtra.
Further, targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, he said, "Shehzade-ji, Madam Sonia-ji, once the slogan was `Jai Jawan Jai Kisan`; today the jawans and the kisans (farmers) are dying. What have you given the country in 60 years? Now your slogan is `mar jawan, mar kisan` (kill jawan, kill kisan)."
He said the leaders of the ruling Congress and NCP in Maharashtra always talked about King Shivaji without really understanding what he stood for.
"If they really wanted to learn something from him, he had created an excellent example by making water available to the farmers. They could have learnt from him."
On farmers` suicides in Maharashtra, Modi said, "When there is a hailstorm, farmers die, when there is a drought, farmers die... Two to three people in one family are committing suicide. My heart pains for these farmers.
He said that solving the water problem was the key. "When I first became the Chief Minister, six to seven thousand villages (in Gujarat) had to be supplied drinking water by tankers. We put in pipelines and about 9,000 villages now get pure drinking water from Narmada," he said, adding that these pipelines are so big that "the Chief Minister of Maharashtra can drive a Maruti car with his family through them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!