Narendra Modi poised to be India`s next PM, BJP plans big celebrations
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: With less than 24 hours left to go, the BJP machinery is working at a hectic pace to ensure that Narendra Modi`s big moment is celebrated in style.
The first clear trend on India’s general election verdict is expected to be clear by 11 am tomorrow. And, if the exit polls come true, then Modi would be the next Prime Minister. While party workers across the country - armed with crackers and sweets – will rejoice on the streets, official celebrations at party offices in Gandhinagar and Delhi are expected to be the most rapturous.
The man of the moment, Narendra Modi, who will be at his residence in the morning, may join the celebrations later and then proceed to Vadaodara to thank voters. He will later return to Ahmedabad to address a rally at 7 pm.
The action will shift to Delhi, and later to Varanasi, on May 17. Narendra Modi will arrive in the national capital at around 10 am on Saturday. Party leaders have planned to turn his journey from the airport to the party headquarters into a victory march.
Once at the BJP office, Modi will attend a meeting of the party`s highest decision making body, the parliamentary board.
The action will shift to the timeless city by the Ganges, Varanasi, in the afternoon when Modi will arrive to thank voters and take part in the `Ganga Aarti`. The move is seen as his vindication and an answer to the Election Commission, which had earlier barred his roadshow and late approval for the Aarti.
Undoubtedly, the city is likely to witness scenes similar to the ones that were on display the last two times he visited the city.
To add colour to the celebrations, a 20-foot giant electronic `lotus` will float on the Ganges. The lit spectacle will add dazzle to the moment when Modi will invoke `Maa Ganga` at the Dashashwamedh Ghat.
Arrangements are also said to be under way for a massive fireworks display on all the ghats of the temple town.
Besides the action on the ghats, party workers have planned victory processions in all the 90 municipal wards in the city. Reports also suggest that a visit to Kashi Vishwanath temple may be on Modi`s itinerary.
“Main nahi aaya houn, Maa Ganga ne mujhe bulaya hain,” Modi had said when he was in Varanasi to file nomination.
As it is a near certainty that he will retain Varanasi as his parliamentary seat if he wins from the city, it will be time for him to serve `Maa Ganga`, at least restore the dignity of the mother...make Ganga clean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow