Narendra Modi will never become PM: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Meerut/Sharanpur/Bijnor: Predicting that Narendra Modi will "never" become the Prime Minister, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday said there would be a Third Front government at the Centre after the Lok Sabha elections.
"A person like Narendra Modi will never be able to become the Prime Minister of the country. After Lok Sabha polls, BJP and Congress will not be able to form the government and there will be a Third Front government," Yadav said while addressing election rallies.
He held meetings for party candidates in Meerut, Saharanpur and Bijnor.
SP has fielded Shahid Manzoor from Meerut, Shajan Masood from Saharanpur and Shahnawaz Rana from Bijnor.
Attacking BJP over claims of development in Gujarat, Yadav said the party had spread "false propaganda" on "Gujarat model" and the condition of the state was "worse" as compared to other states.
"During Gujarat riots, women were misbehaved with and they were raped..Ill treatment was meted out to minorities there...How can a person, who could not give respect to women can claim to become the Prime Minister," Yadav said.
Claiming that his party was a party of the poor, backward, youths and minorities, Yadav said the SP government in the state had initiated a number of development and welfare projects for the people.
"SP government in the state will ensure that no injustice is meted out to anyone..Only SP will defeat communal forces and play a decisive role in the formation of the Third Front government," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez