Naveen faces crisis of confidence: Hemant Soren
Baripada (Odisha): Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Wednesdayday claimed that his Odisha counterpart and BJD president Naveen Patnaik was facing crisis of confidence and accused the state government of failing to improve the condition of tribals.
"The Odisha chief minister has lost confidence on his party leaders and therefore poached leaders from other parties including JMM," Soren said, addressing two public meetings in Odisha`a Mayurbhanj district.
Referring to JMM leader Sudam Marandi and Bhadav Hansda switching loyalty to BJD, Soren said, "Their departure has not affected the popularity of JMM. The tribal people have trust on the JMM."
Both Marandi and Hansda had quit JMM before the polls and joined the BJD.
"He could not find candidates from his own party. So he poached outsiders and fielded them as candidates in the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections," Soren said.
Stating that JMM was dedicated to the welfare of tribals, Soren said adivasis continued to remain neglected in Odisha under the BJD rule.
He criticised the Patnaik government also for the multi-crore mining scam and chit fund scam in the state.
Hemant`s Mayurbhanj visit followed his father and JMM supremo Shibu Soren`s tour to the tribal dominated district.
JMM has fielded candidates in 7 assembly segments and Mayurbhanj Lok Sabha seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'