Rich haul of detonators, explosives in Bihar on poll eve
Bhabhua/Nawada: Police have seized 12,075 electronic detonators, 75 gelatin sticks and 129 kg explosives from two Maoist-hit districts ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
A man was arrested after 12,000 electronic detonators and 129 kg of explosives were recovered from his car on the Grand Trunk Road in Kaipmr district today, Superintendent of Police Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
"All the 12,000 detonators are of electronic variety. They have been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory for tests. The arrested person was also carrying ammonium nitrate and gelatin sticks in his car," said Sanjeev.
Police seized 75 detonators, as many gelatin sticks, one pistol and two bullets from a house at Dularpur in Nawada district late last night.
The house owner Satyendra Yadav was arrested, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Rajauli Sarfar Rahman said.
BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is scheduled to address an election rally at Nawada tomorrow.
The Left extremist outfit has given a call for boycott of poll fixed for April 10 in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt