Sisodia, Kejriwal cast vote in capital
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday cast his vote for the Lok Sabha elections.
"We will win all the seven seats in Delhi," he said after casting his vote at polling station in Tilak Lane.
"Today there is one person in the country who has already accepted his defeat. Then there is another who has already claimed victory. There is a battle between good and evil today. The truth and the common man will prevail in this election," he added.
Another AAP leader Manish Sisodia cast his vote at a polling station in Pandav Nagar.
"The people of this country have an alternative this time. They are very frustrated corruption and inflation. This time people will vote properly. I want people to vote for the AAP this time in order to make their dreams come true," said Sisodia, who was accompanied by his wife.
The fight in Delhi is mainly between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Congress and the AAP. The elections in Delhi will decide fate for 150 candidates who have filed their nominations including 58 independents.
Major fight will be in Chandni Chowk constituency from where Law Minister Kapil Sibal, BJP`s Harshvardhan and AAP`s Ashutosh are contesting.
Other major candidates who are contesting elections include Sandeep Dikshit (Congress), Rajmohan Gandhi (AAP), Jai Prakash Agarwal (Congress), actor Manoj Tiwari (BJP), Union Minister Krishna Tirath (Congress), Ramesh Bidhuri (BJP), former Union Minister Ajay Maken (Congress), and Meenakshi Lekhi (BJP).
The polling started at 7 am in the morning and will go on till 6 pm in the evening. It is being held in 11,763 polling stations. More than 1.2 crores people in Delhi are exercising their right to vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened