Sisodia, Kejriwal cast vote in capital
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday cast his vote for the Lok Sabha elections.
"We will win all the seven seats in Delhi," he said after casting his vote at polling station in Tilak Lane.
"Today there is one person in the country who has already accepted his defeat. Then there is another who has already claimed victory. There is a battle between good and evil today. The truth and the common man will prevail in this election," he added.
Another AAP leader Manish Sisodia cast his vote at a polling station in Pandav Nagar.
"The people of this country have an alternative this time. They are very frustrated corruption and inflation. This time people will vote properly. I want people to vote for the AAP this time in order to make their dreams come true," said Sisodia, who was accompanied by his wife.
The fight in Delhi is mainly between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Congress and the AAP. The elections in Delhi will decide fate for 150 candidates who have filed their nominations including 58 independents.
Major fight will be in Chandni Chowk constituency from where Law Minister Kapil Sibal, BJP`s Harshvardhan and AAP`s Ashutosh are contesting.
Other major candidates who are contesting elections include Sandeep Dikshit (Congress), Rajmohan Gandhi (AAP), Jai Prakash Agarwal (Congress), actor Manoj Tiwari (BJP), Union Minister Krishna Tirath (Congress), Ramesh Bidhuri (BJP), former Union Minister Ajay Maken (Congress), and Meenakshi Lekhi (BJP).
The polling started at 7 am in the morning and will go on till 6 pm in the evening. It is being held in 11,763 polling stations. More than 1.2 crores people in Delhi are exercising their right to vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM