TDP chief Naidu says that he wants to be BJP`s `colleague`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu said here tonight that he wants to be a "colleague" of the BJP and is hence trying to evolve a "consensus" for a prospective alliance.
Things would become clear in a day or two, he told reporters at a press conference, even as talks over seat-sharing with the BJP appear to be caught in a stalemate.
When he was asked if he is hopeful of sealing an alliance with the BJP, Chandrababu said that he is a "responsible leader" and hence would not like to make any comments.
"I am responsible leader. I have to talk responsibly. It`s not correct on my part to speak something when discussions are still on," he said.
The TDP chief said that he wanted to join hands with the BJP once again to protect "national interests". Also, after bifurcation, two new states would face several problems like lack of revenue resources, power and employment, he said.
"We have to address all these things. So we are seeking a tie-up with the BJP and help it form the government at the Centre," he said.
Dismissing talk that his party itself is in a weak position and is hence willing to concede more number of seats to the BJP, Chandrababu remarked that the TDP is "strong".
"It`s a wrong perception that we are weak. We are strong in both regions and the people`s mood is in our favour. Of course, Narendra Modi is also being preferred as the prime ministerial candidate. We have to look into all these factors as these are very crucial polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'