TDP chief Naidu says that he wants to be BJP`s `colleague`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu said here tonight that he wants to be a "colleague" of the BJP and is hence trying to evolve a "consensus" for a prospective alliance.
Things would become clear in a day or two, he told reporters at a press conference, even as talks over seat-sharing with the BJP appear to be caught in a stalemate.
When he was asked if he is hopeful of sealing an alliance with the BJP, Chandrababu said that he is a "responsible leader" and hence would not like to make any comments.
"I am responsible leader. I have to talk responsibly. It`s not correct on my part to speak something when discussions are still on," he said.
The TDP chief said that he wanted to join hands with the BJP once again to protect "national interests". Also, after bifurcation, two new states would face several problems like lack of revenue resources, power and employment, he said.
"We have to address all these things. So we are seeking a tie-up with the BJP and help it form the government at the Centre," he said.
Dismissing talk that his party itself is in a weak position and is hence willing to concede more number of seats to the BJP, Chandrababu remarked that the TDP is "strong".
"It`s a wrong perception that we are weak. We are strong in both regions and the people`s mood is in our favour. Of course, Narendra Modi is also being preferred as the prime ministerial candidate. We have to look into all these factors as these are very crucial polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America