Teach a lesson to Congress in elections: Venkaiah to voters
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday asked voters to teach a lesson to the Congress party for alleged involvement of its leaders in corruption and various scams.
"The Congress party leaders are involved in many scams who looted the nation`s money and natural resources," Naidu alleged.
"This is the time for the people to teach them (Congress) a lesson," he said during a road show in the city as a part of his election campaign.
"The Congress-led government has failed to fulfil its promises made at the time of 2004 and 2009 General Elections," Naidu said.
It has completely failed in checking the rising prices, particularly of the essential goods, he said.
He also asked people to be cautious against leaders of other parties involved in scams and who entered politics to save themselves.
"Only BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi can provide a strong and stable government at the Centre and TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu in Andhra Pradesh", he said.
Both Modi and Chandrababu have committed to transform the state into "Swarna Andhra", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan