UPA govt has given step-motherly treatment to Punjab: Khanna
Gurdaspur: Actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna, BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency, on Thursday accused the Congress-led UPA government of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Punjab.
"Congress had always meted out step motherly treatment to the opposition-ruled states in general and Punjab in particular," said Khanna while addressing a public rally here.
Attacking his rival and sitting MP Partap Singh Bajwa, Khanna blamed him for not getting any assistance from the Centre to develop the Gurdaspur region.
He also hit out at Bajwa for his alleged involvement in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP