UPA govt has given step-motherly treatment to Punjab: Khanna
Gurdaspur: Actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna, BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency, on Thursday accused the Congress-led UPA government of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Punjab.
"Congress had always meted out step motherly treatment to the opposition-ruled states in general and Punjab in particular," said Khanna while addressing a public rally here.
Attacking his rival and sitting MP Partap Singh Bajwa, Khanna blamed him for not getting any assistance from the Centre to develop the Gurdaspur region.
He also hit out at Bajwa for his alleged involvement in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert