UPA govt has given step-motherly treatment to Punjab: Khanna
Gurdaspur: Actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna, BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency, on Thursday accused the Congress-led UPA government of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Punjab.
"Congress had always meted out step motherly treatment to the opposition-ruled states in general and Punjab in particular," said Khanna while addressing a public rally here.
Attacking his rival and sitting MP Partap Singh Bajwa, Khanna blamed him for not getting any assistance from the Centre to develop the Gurdaspur region.
He also hit out at Bajwa for his alleged involvement in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!