UPA govt has given step-motherly treatment to Punjab: Khanna
Gurdaspur: Actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna, BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency, on Thursday accused the Congress-led UPA government of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Punjab.
"Congress had always meted out step motherly treatment to the opposition-ruled states in general and Punjab in particular," said Khanna while addressing a public rally here.
Attacking his rival and sitting MP Partap Singh Bajwa, Khanna blamed him for not getting any assistance from the Centre to develop the Gurdaspur region.
He also hit out at Bajwa for his alleged involvement in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen