UPA govt has given step-motherly treatment to Punjab: Khanna
Gurdaspur: Actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna, BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency, on Thursday accused the Congress-led UPA government of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Punjab.
"Congress had always meted out step motherly treatment to the opposition-ruled states in general and Punjab in particular," said Khanna while addressing a public rally here.
Attacking his rival and sitting MP Partap Singh Bajwa, Khanna blamed him for not getting any assistance from the Centre to develop the Gurdaspur region.
He also hit out at Bajwa for his alleged involvement in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player