Won`t initiate children into politics: AK Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: After spending more than five decades in politics, Defence Minister AK Antony Tuesday ruled out initiating his children into the field.
Antony was asked by the media whether his elder son Anil Antony, in his late 20s, would be entering politics anytime soon.
"I will do nothing to bring them into politics. It`s their choice. I also came to know of his campaigning through newspapers only," Antony told reporters here Tuesday.
Anil Antony has been campaigning in Delhi`s Mayur Vihar area, which has a sizeable number of people from Kerala.
However, AK Antony, a father of two, laughed when told that many political leaders say similar things when asked about their children entering politics.
K Muraleedharan, son of late political leader and former chief minister K. Karunakaran, who was sitting alongside Antony also smiled.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy