AI flight’s tyres burst while landing in Goa
Panaji: Around 105 passengers on board an Air India flight from Kuwait had a miraculous escape, when the tyres of the aircraft burst, while landing at Goa airport on Tuesday morning.
"The tyres of the AI flight from Kuwait burst, while landing at the Goa airport at around 8 am today. All the 105 passengers are safe. We are making arrangements to take the passengers to their destination (Chennai)," an AI spokesman told a news agency from Mumbai.
Airport officials, however, claimed that the tyres burst as the plane was heading towards the taxiway.
Last week, a Turkish Airlines plane with 104 people on board had skidded off the Mumbai airport taxiway with its landing gear getting stuck in the mud near the main runway leading to flight disruptions for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman