AI flight’s tyres burst while landing in Goa
Panaji: Around 105 passengers on board an Air India flight from Kuwait had a miraculous escape, when the tyres of the aircraft burst, while landing at Goa airport on Tuesday morning.
"The tyres of the AI flight from Kuwait burst, while landing at the Goa airport at around 8 am today. All the 105 passengers are safe. We are making arrangements to take the passengers to their destination (Chennai)," an AI spokesman told a news agency from Mumbai.
Airport officials, however, claimed that the tyres burst as the plane was heading towards the taxiway.
Last week, a Turkish Airlines plane with 104 people on board had skidded off the Mumbai airport taxiway with its landing gear getting stuck in the mud near the main runway leading to flight disruptions for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere