AI flight’s tyres burst while landing in Goa
Panaji: Around 105 passengers on board an Air India flight from Kuwait had a miraculous escape, when the tyres of the aircraft burst, while landing at Goa airport on Tuesday morning.
"The tyres of the AI flight from Kuwait burst, while landing at the Goa airport at around 8 am today. All the 105 passengers are safe. We are making arrangements to take the passengers to their destination (Chennai)," an AI spokesman told a news agency from Mumbai.
Airport officials, however, claimed that the tyres burst as the plane was heading towards the taxiway.
Last week, a Turkish Airlines plane with 104 people on board had skidded off the Mumbai airport taxiway with its landing gear getting stuck in the mud near the main runway leading to flight disruptions for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note