AI flight’s tyres burst while landing in Goa
Panaji: Around 105 passengers on board an Air India flight from Kuwait had a miraculous escape, when the tyres of the aircraft burst, while landing at Goa airport on Tuesday morning.
"The tyres of the AI flight from Kuwait burst, while landing at the Goa airport at around 8 am today. All the 105 passengers are safe. We are making arrangements to take the passengers to their destination (Chennai)," an AI spokesman told a news agency from Mumbai.
Airport officials, however, claimed that the tyres burst as the plane was heading towards the taxiway.
Last week, a Turkish Airlines plane with 104 people on board had skidded off the Mumbai airport taxiway with its landing gear getting stuck in the mud near the main runway leading to flight disruptions for four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men