Anand Mahindra`s nephew killed in Goa road mishap
Panaji: The 32-year-old nephew of Mahindra & Mahindra CMD Anand Mahindra was killed in Anjuna in Goa when his scooter was hit by a speeding car, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place in the wee hours on Monday killing Kaveesh Nath, who was holidaying in Goa and taking a scuba diving course before he could join the Mahindra group, they said.
Anjuna police reportedly failed to conduct timely alcohol test on the accused driver Rahul Kaushik, who got bail soon after the accident.
Mahindra was informed about the accident yesterday after he launched an electric car in New Delhi and he flew on a special jet to Goa, along with father of the deceased, to take the body.
"This is devastating news for our family. Kaveesh was a brilliant boy," Mahindra told a news agency outside Goa Medical College near here today.
Seeking justice for his dead nephew, the industrialist hoped that those involved in the accident would be punished.
"I want to ensure that justice is done. People who recklessly drove and hit him must meet the consequences. I am sure police will do their job," he said after Anjuna police failed to conduct timely alcohol test on the driver.
Kaushik was given bail by a local court yesterday soon after his arrest.
The CMD said he has full faith in police and will be in touch with Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar seeking his help to get justice.
Kaveesh, son of Mahindra`s sister, was an expert scuba diver but was taking further training at Anjuna to hone his hobby.
The deceased had graduated from Howard University and worked with Boston Consulting Group, before heading to India to join his uncle`s company.
Police Inspector Vishwesh Karpe, who is investigating the case, said Kaveesh was referred to Candolim primary health centre soon after the mishap where he breathed his last.
The police official admitted that there was a delay in conducting alcohol test on the driver, who rammed against Kaveesh`s scooter.
A case under culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks