Anand Mahindra`s nephew killed in Goa road mishap
Panaji: The 32-year-old nephew of Mahindra & Mahindra CMD Anand Mahindra was killed in Anjuna in Goa when his scooter was hit by a speeding car, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place in the wee hours on Monday killing Kaveesh Nath, who was holidaying in Goa and taking a scuba diving course before he could join the Mahindra group, they said.
Anjuna police reportedly failed to conduct timely alcohol test on the accused driver Rahul Kaushik, who got bail soon after the accident.
Mahindra was informed about the accident yesterday after he launched an electric car in New Delhi and he flew on a special jet to Goa, along with father of the deceased, to take the body.
"This is devastating news for our family. Kaveesh was a brilliant boy," Mahindra told a news agency outside Goa Medical College near here today.
Seeking justice for his dead nephew, the industrialist hoped that those involved in the accident would be punished.
"I want to ensure that justice is done. People who recklessly drove and hit him must meet the consequences. I am sure police will do their job," he said after Anjuna police failed to conduct timely alcohol test on the driver.
Kaushik was given bail by a local court yesterday soon after his arrest.
The CMD said he has full faith in police and will be in touch with Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar seeking his help to get justice.
Kaveesh, son of Mahindra`s sister, was an expert scuba diver but was taking further training at Anjuna to hone his hobby.
The deceased had graduated from Howard University and worked with Boston Consulting Group, before heading to India to join his uncle`s company.
Police Inspector Vishwesh Karpe, who is investigating the case, said Kaveesh was referred to Candolim primary health centre soon after the mishap where he breathed his last.
The police official admitted that there was a delay in conducting alcohol test on the driver, who rammed against Kaveesh`s scooter.
A case under culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan