Bardez in Goa got max liquor licences in last two years
Panaji: Goa`s Bardez taluka, which has few of the state`s famous beaches, got the highest number of liquor licences since March 2012.
As per the statistics tabled on the floor of the state Assembly, 259 new liquor selling licences were issued in Bardez taluka followed by 126 in Salcette taluka, which also has several tourist beaches.
In Pernem taluka, which is home to beaches like Morjim, Ashwem and others, 107 licences were issued since March 2012, when the Manohar Parrikar-led government came to power in the state.
The reply was tabled today on the floor of the House to a question by Independent legislator Naresh Sawal.
Total 662 licences were issued since March 2012, the reply reads.
In Tiswadi taluka, which also covers capital city of Panaji, 91 licences were issued in last two-and-half years, it says.
State`s remotest talukas of Sattari, Sanguem and Quepem got minimum licences. Sattari got six, Sanguem five and in Quepem only seven licences were issued.
Incidentally, these talukas are also facing recession due to halting of mining activity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit