Bardez in Goa got max liquor licences in last two years
Panaji: Goa`s Bardez taluka, which has few of the state`s famous beaches, got the highest number of liquor licences since March 2012.
As per the statistics tabled on the floor of the state Assembly, 259 new liquor selling licences were issued in Bardez taluka followed by 126 in Salcette taluka, which also has several tourist beaches.
In Pernem taluka, which is home to beaches like Morjim, Ashwem and others, 107 licences were issued since March 2012, when the Manohar Parrikar-led government came to power in the state.
The reply was tabled today on the floor of the House to a question by Independent legislator Naresh Sawal.
Total 662 licences were issued since March 2012, the reply reads.
In Tiswadi taluka, which also covers capital city of Panaji, 91 licences were issued in last two-and-half years, it says.
State`s remotest talukas of Sattari, Sanguem and Quepem got minimum licences. Sattari got six, Sanguem five and in Quepem only seven licences were issued.
Incidentally, these talukas are also facing recession due to halting of mining activity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday