Bardez in Goa got max liquor licences in last two years
Panaji: Goa`s Bardez taluka, which has few of the state`s famous beaches, got the highest number of liquor licences since March 2012.
As per the statistics tabled on the floor of the state Assembly, 259 new liquor selling licences were issued in Bardez taluka followed by 126 in Salcette taluka, which also has several tourist beaches.
In Pernem taluka, which is home to beaches like Morjim, Ashwem and others, 107 licences were issued since March 2012, when the Manohar Parrikar-led government came to power in the state.
The reply was tabled today on the floor of the House to a question by Independent legislator Naresh Sawal.
Total 662 licences were issued since March 2012, the reply reads.
In Tiswadi taluka, which also covers capital city of Panaji, 91 licences were issued in last two-and-half years, it says.
State`s remotest talukas of Sattari, Sanguem and Quepem got minimum licences. Sattari got six, Sanguem five and in Quepem only seven licences were issued.
Incidentally, these talukas are also facing recession due to halting of mining activity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption