Bardez in Goa got max liquor licences in last two years
Panaji: Goa`s Bardez taluka, which has few of the state`s famous beaches, got the highest number of liquor licences since March 2012.
As per the statistics tabled on the floor of the state Assembly, 259 new liquor selling licences were issued in Bardez taluka followed by 126 in Salcette taluka, which also has several tourist beaches.
In Pernem taluka, which is home to beaches like Morjim, Ashwem and others, 107 licences were issued since March 2012, when the Manohar Parrikar-led government came to power in the state.
The reply was tabled today on the floor of the House to a question by Independent legislator Naresh Sawal.
Total 662 licences were issued since March 2012, the reply reads.
In Tiswadi taluka, which also covers capital city of Panaji, 91 licences were issued in last two-and-half years, it says.
State`s remotest talukas of Sattari, Sanguem and Quepem got minimum licences. Sattari got six, Sanguem five and in Quepem only seven licences were issued.
Incidentally, these talukas are also facing recession due to halting of mining activity in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan