BJP to replicate Goa model for Lok Sabha polls
Panaji: The BJP will approach opinion makers from all religions and talk to them about the party, a strategy it adopted during Goa polls, for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, a senior party official said on Wednesday.
The BJP workers will sit with opinion makers from all the religions and talk to them about the organisation, which has been "wrongly labelled" as a communal party, BJP`s national secretary Aarati Mehra told reporters here.
"While campaigning for Goa (polls), we launched an exercise to reach to the heads of all the religions, including the Archbishop, talking to them about the party. We are a nationalistic party and not what we have been projected as," Mehra said.
"We will tell them not to go (for polls) with pre-determined mindset," she said. "We will work with sensitivity," she added.
The party in Goa had given tickets to eight Roman Catholic candidates, earning the support from the minority community, which led the BJP to win majority of the seats for the Legislative Assembly elections held last year.
Situation across the country is similar to that which existed in Goa before March 2012 polls, Mehra said.
"People want change from the Congress government. They are fed up of Congress` bad governance. We will appeal people to elect sensitive candidates," she said adding that "the Lok Sabha polls would be held during this year itself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them