British tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A British tourist was found dead in
a hotel at Colva beach in South Goa on Sunday, police said.
39-year-old William Scott, who was staying alone in the
hotel room, was found dead this morning and police suspect
drug overdose as the reason for his death.
Colva police said Scott had returned to the hotel, 35 kms
from here, late last night.
"The hotel management called police as he was not
responding to the calls. They broke open the door to find him
dead," police said.
The body of the Briton has been kept in the morgue and
postmortem would be conducted only after getting consent of
his family members, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!