British tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A British tourist was found dead in
a hotel at Colva beach in South Goa on Sunday, police said.
39-year-old William Scott, who was staying alone in the
hotel room, was found dead this morning and police suspect
drug overdose as the reason for his death.
Colva police said Scott had returned to the hotel, 35 kms
from here, late last night.
"The hotel management called police as he was not
responding to the calls. They broke open the door to find him
dead," police said.
The body of the Briton has been kept in the morgue and
postmortem would be conducted only after getting consent of
his family members, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice