British tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A British tourist was found dead in
a hotel at Colva beach in South Goa on Sunday, police said.
39-year-old William Scott, who was staying alone in the
hotel room, was found dead this morning and police suspect
drug overdose as the reason for his death.
Colva police said Scott had returned to the hotel, 35 kms
from here, late last night.
"The hotel management called police as he was not
responding to the calls. They broke open the door to find him
dead," police said.
The body of the Briton has been kept in the morgue and
postmortem would be conducted only after getting consent of
his family members, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez