Complaint filed against public servants
Panaji: A criminal complaint was filed on Saturday against some public servants and private persons for cheating the state exchequer while allotting land to seven companies to set up Special Economic Zones in Goa.
Mandar Shirodkar, deputy general manager of state-owned Goa Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC), filed the complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau of Vigilance Department against private persons and public servants whose names were not revealed.
The complaint said that the accused hatched criminal conspiracy and manipulated documents to cheat the state government in connivance with officials of GIDC in 2006, according to a press note.
A senior official from Vigilance Department said that an FIR has been filed under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act.
Vast tracts of lands were allotted to various companies by the then state government to set up SEZs. However, after massive protests, the SEZ plans were scrapped.
CAG, in its report two years back, had pointed out that land was alloted to different companies to set up SEZs at a lower prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!