Complaint filed against public servants
Panaji: A criminal complaint was filed on Saturday against some public servants and private persons for cheating the state exchequer while allotting land to seven companies to set up Special Economic Zones in Goa.
Mandar Shirodkar, deputy general manager of state-owned Goa Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC), filed the complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau of Vigilance Department against private persons and public servants whose names were not revealed.
The complaint said that the accused hatched criminal conspiracy and manipulated documents to cheat the state government in connivance with officials of GIDC in 2006, according to a press note.
A senior official from Vigilance Department said that an FIR has been filed under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act.
Vast tracts of lands were allotted to various companies by the then state government to set up SEZs. However, after massive protests, the SEZ plans were scrapped.
CAG, in its report two years back, had pointed out that land was alloted to different companies to set up SEZs at a lower prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you