`Congress govt in Goa gave free hand to haters of Sanatan Sanstha`
Panaji:With six members of the Sanatan Sanstha acquitted in the 2009 Margao bomb blast case, the right wing organisation said its innocence has been proved in the matter.
"The Congress government had given a free hand to the haters of Sanatan Sanstha to defame the organisation by needlessly involving our six seekers in the Margaon bomb blast case," Managing Trustee of the Sanatan Sanstha, Virendra Marathe said here.
A special court on Tuesday had acquitted six youths who were arrested in connection with the 2009 bomb blast case which had killed two people in Margao town on Diwali eve. The court found no evidence against these accused who were probed and chargesheeted by National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The blast had pointed fingers towards a right wing Hindu organisation, Sanatan Sanstha, which is headquartered at Ramnathi village in Goa. It was raided several times after the blast.
Marathe said the seekers of Sanatan Sanstha had to undergo needless persecution for four years as the police investigation veered in a wrong direction.
"Unfortunately, four years of their lives have been wasted due to the stay in prison," he said.
Two accused - Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik - who were ferrying the explosives to a crowded spot in Margao town where the low intensity blast occurred on October 16, 2009, were killed in the explosion. Patil and Naik were linked to the organisation. The investigation was initially conducted by Goa Police and was later handed over to NIA.
"The police had not found any participation of Sanatan Sanstha in this case. Even the court has not made any comments about the participation of Sanatan Sanstha," Marathe said adding, "This point was never even raised during the court proceeding."
"Therefore, we feel that innocence of Sanatan Sanstha proved after going through all legal processes. It is a slap on the face of haters of the organisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today