`Congress govt in Goa gave free hand to haters of Sanatan Sanstha`
Panaji:With six members of the Sanatan Sanstha acquitted in the 2009 Margao bomb blast case, the right wing organisation said its innocence has been proved in the matter.
"The Congress government had given a free hand to the haters of Sanatan Sanstha to defame the organisation by needlessly involving our six seekers in the Margaon bomb blast case," Managing Trustee of the Sanatan Sanstha, Virendra Marathe said here.
A special court on Tuesday had acquitted six youths who were arrested in connection with the 2009 bomb blast case which had killed two people in Margao town on Diwali eve. The court found no evidence against these accused who were probed and chargesheeted by National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The blast had pointed fingers towards a right wing Hindu organisation, Sanatan Sanstha, which is headquartered at Ramnathi village in Goa. It was raided several times after the blast.
Marathe said the seekers of Sanatan Sanstha had to undergo needless persecution for four years as the police investigation veered in a wrong direction.
"Unfortunately, four years of their lives have been wasted due to the stay in prison," he said.
Two accused - Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik - who were ferrying the explosives to a crowded spot in Margao town where the low intensity blast occurred on October 16, 2009, were killed in the explosion. Patil and Naik were linked to the organisation. The investigation was initially conducted by Goa Police and was later handed over to NIA.
"The police had not found any participation of Sanatan Sanstha in this case. Even the court has not made any comments about the participation of Sanatan Sanstha," Marathe said adding, "This point was never even raised during the court proceeding."
"Therefore, we feel that innocence of Sanatan Sanstha proved after going through all legal processes. It is a slap on the face of haters of the organisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections