Congress` padyatra in Goa from November 14
Panaji: The Congress party in Goa has
announced its `padyatra` and rally beginning here on the birth
anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on November 14 and will
culminate on the birthday of its President Sonia Gandhi next
Subhash Shirodkar, President of Goa Pradesh Congress
Committee, told reporters yesterday that the programme will
be formally launched on November 14 at Polem, the southernmost
part of Goa and will end in Panaji on December 9.
Sonia Gandhi may not have contributed for the liberation
of Goa but her family has helped Goa to get statehood and
overall development of the state, Shirodkar said responding to
The party has decided to visit 30 out of 40
constituencies during the yatra, which will be flagged off by
All India Congress Committee`s Goa Observer Jagmit Singh Brar,
AICC Secretary Sudhakar Reddy and State Chief Minister
Shirodkar said around 400 workers from party?s frontal
organisations would be participating in yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!