Cop held in Goa drug nexus case
Panaji: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Friday made their first arrest in the police-politician-drug mafia nexus by arresting a police sub inspector attached to the Goa police`s elite anti-narcotics cell (ANC).
A CBI spokesperson said that Sunil Gudlar was arrested under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act on Friday.
Gudlar was being probed for his links to Israeli drug dealer David Driham alias Dudu, who was arrested by the ANC last year. He was already under suspension from duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred