Gangster threatens witness in court room
Panaji: Noted gangster Michael Fernandes, who has been currently lodged in a judicial lock up after a spate of jail breaks, reportedly abused a witness and threatened him with dire consequences in the court room, police said on Friday.
Being prosecuted for a series of thefts and robberies, Fernandes reportedly abused one Romeo Britto, a hotel owner from Siolim village, when the latter had come to depose against him yesterday.
The gangster was being escorted back to the lockup after the hearing when he turned back to the court room and threatened the witness
Britto has lodged a complaint with Mapusa police station about the incident and has sought protection.
The gangster is notorious for daring jail escapes after he ran away five times, police said.
Recently, he had attempted to commit suicide in judicial lock up by consuming some tablets.
A senior police officer attached to Mapusa police station said the complaint of the witness was being investigated.
"Next time we will make sure that the gangster and witnesses don`t come face to face," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief