German woman says her daughter won`t depose in sex abuse case
Panaji: A German woman who had accused Goa
minister`s son of sexually abusing her minor daughter today
said that the victim would not depose before the court during
The mother of 14-year-old victim, who is now in Germany,
in a letter to the court said that she did not want to pursue
the matter against the accused, Rohit, son of Goa Education
Minister Atanasio Monserratte.
Goa Children`s Court (GCC) during the trial today took
the letter on record.
The woman stated in the letter that the victim has
forgotten everything and that she is not willing to go ahead
with the case, registered two years ago.
Rohit (21) was accused of sexually abusing German girl
The mother had filed a police complaint on October 2,
2008 at Calangute after she discovered lewd messages allegedly
sent by Rohit to her daughter.
During the police probe, it was found that the cell
number used by Rohit was registered in the name of his father,
Atanasio Monserratte, a cabinet minister in Congress-led
Calangute police had registered the case following
intense media pressure. Rohit`s deposition was recorded by
police almost a month later on November 1, 2008.
Subsequently, the accused went into hiding before
surrendering to the court on November 5, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India