Goa Cabinet reshuffle on cards as CM begins audit exercise
Panaji: The Goa Cabinet reshuffle is likely within a month as Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has started the audit of the performance of his ministers and their respective departments.
The audit also includes trouble shooting for various ministries that are busy solving the problems inherited by the erstwhile Congress-led government, Parrikar told a news agency.
"Once this exercise is over, I will fulfill my promise of giving one additional portfolio each to the ministers," he said.
"The reshuffle of the portfolios is also possible," he said responding to a question.
After his government came to power in March last year, Parrikar had allotted two portfolios each to his eleven ministers. He had then promised to allot one more portfolio each within six months, after evaluating the performance of the ministers.
"I am reasonably happy with the performance of the ministers. I know that they also face an upheaval task like me in handling the portfolios as we have to clear the mess created by former Congress-led government," he said.
The ministers often used to refer files to him when they were new, but now the referrals have decreased, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Two years of Modi government: Key tasks yet to be fulfilled!
- Defiant Russia name dope-tainted Maria Sharapova in 2016 Rio Olympics tennis squad
- Sensex zooms 485 points to 7-month high; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark
- VHP accuses UP government of polarising people
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!