Goa CM to begin consultations ahead of budget
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar will start holding consultations with different sections of people to seek their inputs for the state budget to be presented on March 18.
Parrikar will meet most of the stake-holders right from farmers, taxi drivers to professionals like doctors and industry players to seek their inputs for the budget, a highly placed source told PTI.
The state government officials have already begun the process to draft the budget, which would be the second one by Manohar Parrikar who also hold the finance portfolio.
The BJP-led government was sworn in on March 9 last year, after the party and its allies registered a landslide victory in the assembly election.
Sources said that Parrikar will have to do a tight rope walk while drafting the budget as income from mining activity has stopped following a directive by the Supreme Court.
The government was expecting to receive Rs 1,000 crore by way of royalty from mining.
"New avenues of resource mobilisation will be explored in the budget while ensuring that it does not tax the common man," a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!