Goa government to refund unutilised funds to tourism ministry
Panaji: Goa government will refund the money sanctioned by the Union Tourism Ministry for various projects which never took off due to various reasons.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters here today after attending a meeting of the task force on tourism, that the money would be refunded so that the state could stake claim for more funds for other projects.
The task force meeting reviewed the grants sanctioned by the Congress-led UPA government to the state of Goa.
"We have reviewed earlier grants sanctioned for the tourism sector in Goa. It has been decided that the state government will refund the money back to the union government for all those projects which are not feasible," Parrikar said.
The meeting discussed two projects including a convention centre and Goa Haath (exhibition facility) where money was given by the union tourism ministry but the actual work is yet to begin due to "feasibility issues."
"We will refund Rs 8 crore which was advanced for these projects," the chief minister said, adding that the proposal for both the projects would be re-submitted to the union government.
"Whatever advanced money was received, we will refund it back so that we can get proper funding for new projects," Parrikar said.
The chief minister said that a list of new projects would be submitted by June end to the ministry. "I have issued directions that only those projects which are easy to implement and have suitable land for it should be suggested to the union government," he said.
Parrikar admitted that in several cases, the state government had failed to give utilisation certificate to the ministry because of which the funding had stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'