Goa House committee on drugs to seek more time
Panaji: The House committee constituted by Goa Legislative Assembly to inquire the alleged links of politicians with the drug trade will seek extension by two months to submit its report.
There is a lot of information that will have to be collected before submitting the final report, Goa Vikas Party legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, who is heading the committee, told a news agency.
"We have decided to ask for two more months, in addition to the one month granted to us to complete the inquiry," he said.
The committee was formed during the recently held state Assembly session to probe the allegations of involvement of former Home Minister Ravi Naik`s son Roy in the drug trade.
During its first meeting, the committee had taken a review of the entire situation and had summoned Director General of Police Kishen Kumar and then state Home Secretary Sanjay Srivastava to depose before it.
Srivastava currently stands transferred from Goa.
The committee has also issued media advertisements seeking help from the public to investigate the links of politicians in the drug trade.
A senior committee member stated that they will also summon Roy Naik for his statement.
In the past, former girlfriend of Israeli national Yaniv Benaim alias Atala, Lucky Farmhouse, who had exposed his links with the politicians, had also named Roy in the entire nexus.
Similarly, Fiona Mackowen, the mother of British teenager Scarlet Eden Keeling who died in Goa, had also alleged that Roy was involved in the trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune