Goa orders probe into Tehelka incident
Panaji: Goa government on Thursday ordered a preliminary inquiry into the alleged sexual assault by Tehelka Editor Tarun Tejpal on a woman journalist of his magazine on the ground there seems to be some substance in it.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who met top police officials, told reporters that he has directed police to conduct a probe into the incident.
He said the inquiry began after media reports on the incident that took place in a five star hotel in Panaji ten days ago.
"Now it has been found there is substance in the complaint in what the girl has said. Probably the incident took place in the lift," the Chief Minster said.
The letter which the girl has written to her office indicates that there was an attempt to rape or it may have happened, he said.
Parrikar said that the government is already taken up the matter proactively and Tejpal might be summoned for inquiry.
"We will also contact the girl and record her statement if she wants to give," Parrikar said.
He said if the girl files a police complaint then the state government will proceed full swing in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you