Goa police question the cop accused of selling drugs
Panaji: The local Crime Branch Thursday interrogated Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler, who allegedly figures in video tapes which show him selling drugs to foreign tourists.
Police said that Guddler was asked to explain the tapes.
A local news channel had aired the footage which showed Guddler selling drugs to two girls at an undisclosed location.
The first video recording was aired on January 4.
The PSI is also seen stating on the tape that his higher ups are in the know about his activities and they too take bribes.
Goa Police has initiated inquiry by Crime Branch into the episode.
Coming out of crime branch today, Guddler told reporters that the tapes were doctored.
"Whatever shown in tapes is just one part of the story. They are not showing the actual footage," he said adding that the truth will come out only if entire tape is viewed.
He was decorated with a certificate by Director General of Police B S Bassi last year after he arrested Israeli drug lord David Driham alias Dudu.
Guddler was also instrumental in arresting police inspector Ashish Shirodkar, the main accused in policemen-drug peddler nexus case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?