Goa police question the cop accused of selling drugs
Panaji: The local Crime Branch Thursday interrogated Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler, who allegedly figures in video tapes which show him selling drugs to foreign tourists.
Police said that Guddler was asked to explain the tapes.
A local news channel had aired the footage which showed Guddler selling drugs to two girls at an undisclosed location.
The first video recording was aired on January 4.
The PSI is also seen stating on the tape that his higher ups are in the know about his activities and they too take bribes.
Goa Police has initiated inquiry by Crime Branch into the episode.
Coming out of crime branch today, Guddler told reporters that the tapes were doctored.
"Whatever shown in tapes is just one part of the story. They are not showing the actual footage," he said adding that the truth will come out only if entire tape is viewed.
He was decorated with a certificate by Director General of Police B S Bassi last year after he arrested Israeli drug lord David Driham alias Dudu.
Guddler was also instrumental in arresting police inspector Ashish Shirodkar, the main accused in policemen-drug peddler nexus case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt