Goa: Rane warns BJP leaders of defamation case
Panaji: Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane
Monday Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar and his fellow BJP leader Kirit Somaiya that he would be filing case against them for "defaming him in the illegal mining scam".
Rane, an MLA from Valpoi, said that both the leaders
had made "baseless" statements against him in the media.
"If they have proof of my connection with the illegal
mining, let them come out with it," the minister said, at a
press conference here.
Parrikar, who headed Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on illegal mining, allegedly made a statement regarding Rane`s alleged involvement in a TV interview.
Somaiya, at a press conference last week, had named Rane
and few other ministers, while pegging the illegal mining in
Goa at Rs 25,000 crore.
Rane said he stands by legal mining in Goa as several
thousand people were dependent on it. "I do not support
illegal mining activity," he said, claiming that he had been
communicating with the Centre, seeking to stop illegal extraction of iron ore.
Justice M B Shah Commission`s report should be awaited
before pointing fingers, Rane said. The commission had been
probing the illegal mining.
Goa exported 54 million metric tones of ore during last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi