Goa: Rane warns BJP leaders of defamation case
Panaji: Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane
Monday Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar and his fellow BJP leader Kirit Somaiya that he would be filing case against them for "defaming him in the illegal mining scam".
Rane, an MLA from Valpoi, said that both the leaders
had made "baseless" statements against him in the media.
"If they have proof of my connection with the illegal
mining, let them come out with it," the minister said, at a
press conference here.
Parrikar, who headed Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on illegal mining, allegedly made a statement regarding Rane`s alleged involvement in a TV interview.
Somaiya, at a press conference last week, had named Rane
and few other ministers, while pegging the illegal mining in
Goa at Rs 25,000 crore.
Rane said he stands by legal mining in Goa as several
thousand people were dependent on it. "I do not support
illegal mining activity," he said, claiming that he had been
communicating with the Centre, seeking to stop illegal extraction of iron ore.
Justice M B Shah Commission`s report should be awaited
before pointing fingers, Rane said. The commission had been
probing the illegal mining.
Goa exported 54 million metric tones of ore during last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon