Goa to start cell for special children
Panaji: The Goa education department will soon start a cell to cater to the requirements of students with special needs, according to a member of a special committee appointed by the state government.
The decision to take a call on setting up the cell would be taken later this year, even as a report recommending the setting up of a cell towards this end, as well as several other measures, was presented to the state education department earlier this week.
Avelino D`Sa, who was part of the 10-member committee, told reporters here Saturday that strict action was also recommended against schools which deny admission specifically to students who have special needs.
"The committee has drawn up a list of recommendations. We want schools to offer inclusive education. We have also recommended guidelines for schools while dealing with students with special needs," Avelino told reporters here.
"We have also recommended setting up of a separate cell within the education department to deal with issues faced by students with special needs," Avelino said, adding that the education department was favourable to the idea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- India, Pakistan must decide scope of dialogue on Kashmir issue: United States
- Make your monsoon more enjoyable with these healthy tips!
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier