Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Dehradun route after a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor district on Saturday, police said. No casualty was reported.
As many as 15 wagons of the train derailed near Chauhra town, some 350 km from here, subsequently damaging several metres of railway tracks.
"The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained. The operation to restore the rail route is under way," government railway police inspector Satish Kumar said.
The train was coming from Moradabad and heading towards Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!