Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Dehradun route after a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor district on Saturday, police said. No casualty was reported.
As many as 15 wagons of the train derailed near Chauhra town, some 350 km from here, subsequently damaging several metres of railway tracks.
"The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained. The operation to restore the rail route is under way," government railway police inspector Satish Kumar said.
The train was coming from Moradabad and heading towards Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?