Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Dehradun route after a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor district on Saturday, police said. No casualty was reported.
As many as 15 wagons of the train derailed near Chauhra town, some 350 km from here, subsequently damaging several metres of railway tracks.
"The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained. The operation to restore the rail route is under way," government railway police inspector Satish Kumar said.
The train was coming from Moradabad and heading towards Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi