Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Dehradun route after a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor district on Saturday, police said. No casualty was reported.
As many as 15 wagons of the train derailed near Chauhra town, some 350 km from here, subsequently damaging several metres of railway tracks.
"The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained. The operation to restore the rail route is under way," government railway police inspector Satish Kumar said.
The train was coming from Moradabad and heading towards Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!