Manohar Parrikar rubbishes PM candidate reports
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday rubbished media reports which quoted him saying that he was ready to consider becoming Prime Ministerial candidate if his party asks him.
"It is an outrage that a quote was manufactured on my behalf with the malicious intent to create a controversy viz a viz the PM nominee of the BJP," he said in a statement.
Parrikar said it was for the BJP to decide its Prime Ministerial nominee and the party has made the choice in favour of Narendra Modi.
He said the BJP Goa unit was committed to winning the two Lok Sabha seats in the state to ensure victory for the party under the leadership of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth