Manohar Parrikar rubbishes PM candidate reports
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday rubbished media reports which quoted him saying that he was ready to consider becoming Prime Ministerial candidate if his party asks him.
"It is an outrage that a quote was manufactured on my behalf with the malicious intent to create a controversy viz a viz the PM nominee of the BJP," he said in a statement.
Parrikar said it was for the BJP to decide its Prime Ministerial nominee and the party has made the choice in favour of Narendra Modi.
He said the BJP Goa unit was committed to winning the two Lok Sabha seats in the state to ensure victory for the party under the leadership of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family