Manohar Parrikar rubbishes PM candidate reports
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday rubbished media reports which quoted him saying that he was ready to consider becoming Prime Ministerial candidate if his party asks him.
"It is an outrage that a quote was manufactured on my behalf with the malicious intent to create a controversy viz a viz the PM nominee of the BJP," he said in a statement.
Parrikar said it was for the BJP to decide its Prime Ministerial nominee and the party has made the choice in favour of Narendra Modi.
He said the BJP Goa unit was committed to winning the two Lok Sabha seats in the state to ensure victory for the party under the leadership of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred