Manohar Parrikar rubbishes PM candidate reports
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday rubbished media reports which quoted him saying that he was ready to consider becoming Prime Ministerial candidate if his party asks him.
"It is an outrage that a quote was manufactured on my behalf with the malicious intent to create a controversy viz a viz the PM nominee of the BJP," he said in a statement.
Parrikar said it was for the BJP to decide its Prime Ministerial nominee and the party has made the choice in favour of Narendra Modi.
He said the BJP Goa unit was committed to winning the two Lok Sabha seats in the state to ensure victory for the party under the leadership of Modi.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set