NCP stakes claim on North Goa seat
Panaji: NCP on Saturday staked its claim for the North Goa parliamentary seat for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections claiming that it will fight the polls in alliance with the Congress.
The party had lost North Goa Lok Sabha seat to BJP during the last election, while Congress had won the South Goa seat.
Senior NCP leader Praful Patel said that Congress-NCP will fight the Parliamentary polls in alliance with the Congress and will continue its claim on the North Goa Lok Sabha seat.
Responding to a question regarding troubled relations with Congress, Patel said, "We are considering that we are going to fight elections together. We are in alliance with Congress and there is every likelihood that we will fight assembly elections together in Gujarat also."
Conceding that NCP`s humiliating defeat in Goa polls was due to failure of the party organisation and also non cooperation by Congress workers, Patel said, "there was anti-Congress, anti-NCP mood that also cost the party."
"At certain places, the support by Congress party was not the fullest as we were expecting. We don`t blame the Congress leadership. We have told Congress that they need to work closely with NCP," Patel commented.
Expecting victory for Congress-NCP alliance in the Goa during Parliamentary elections, Patel said that honeymoon period with the current government would soon come to an end.
"When the Parrikar government completes one year, the honeymoon period will end. We don`t want to disturb their honeymoon period," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark